Call for Nominations: Defence Team Official Languages Excellence Award
As the Defence Team Official Languages Champions, we would like to highlight a wonderful opportunity to recognize and celebrate the outstanding initiatives being carried out by Defence Team colleagues!
In honour of the 50th Anniversary of the Official Languages Act, the Defence Team is commemorating how our two official languages foster inclusion and diversity across Canada.
If you know an individual or a team (maximum 5 individuals) within your organizations that dedicates time and effort to promoting the use of both official languages in the workplace, we would encourage you to nominate them for an Official Languages Award.
In order to qualify, the individual or team must demonstrate 3 or more of the following criteria:
- Provides leadership and inspiration for the advancement of official languages within the Department;
- Is committed and contributes to the integration of both official languages within their organization;
- Develops innovative and trend-setting initiatives that successfully promote official languages;
- Ensures a workplace that is conducive to the use of both official languages;
- Promotes dialogue about official languages and implements innovative practices to further linguistic duality;
- Acts as a champion to promote bilingual meetings and encourages employees to communicate in their preferred official language, both verbally and in writing;
- Develops strategies to promote an exemplary bilingual workplace;
- Promotes the needs of official language minority communities.
Any Defence Team colleague (military or civilian) who has made a significant and sustained contribution to the promotion or advancement of linguistic duality in the workplace is eligible.
The deadline for submission is August 9, 2019. Nominations must be submitted to the Corporate Awards and Recognition Secretariat through your L1 Awards & Recognition Coordinator.
Awards will be presented during the Linguistic Duality Day celebration in September 2019.
For more information regarding the Official Languages Award or for a nomination form, please contact the Corporate Awards and Recognition Secretariat by email [email protected] or by phone 613-901-7322.
We thank you in advance for your support in recognizing excellence.
Isabelle Desmartis LGen Wayne Eyre
Assistant Deputy Minister (Science and Technology) Chief Military Personnel