Dear Prime Minister: No Gun Ban
TheGunBlog.ca — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will decide in mid-August whether to ban handguns across Canada, the Globe and Mail reported last week.
Here’s what you need to contact the PM right now to help him decide.
You can send an e-mail, write a letter, make phone calls, or all three.
- Thank you to the people who helped with this. You made it better.
Who to Contact
- Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister
- Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety
- Bill Blair, Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction
- Pierre Paul-Hus, Public Safety Critic (Member of the Opposition)
- Your MP: Click here to find their contact info (Enter your postal code)
- To: [email protected]
- cc.: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Your MP
- Click here to find your MP
- Or: Use OneClearVoice.ca to automatically create an e-mail that you can edit. (We wrote about OneClearVoice.ca here.)
What to Write
Subject: No Gun Ban
Dear Prime Minister:
I’m writing to express my opposition to any firearm ban.
- You can write as little or as much as you like about how bans would affect you, and why you oppose them. A couple paragraphs is usually enough.
- Français: Je vous écris pour exprimer mon opposition à toute interdiction d’arme à feu.
- Trudeau in Montreal: +1 (514) 277-6020
- Goodale in Regina: +1 (306) 585-2202
- Your MP, Click here to find their contact info (Enter your postal code)
- What to Say
- “Hi. This is _____ _____ from [City, Province, Postal Code]. I’m calling to express my opposition to any firearm ban. Thank you.”
- That’s it. Don’t explain, don’t justify, don’t argue.
- If they ask you to elaborate, you can say: “Thank you for asking, but that’s all I have to say for now.” You can say as much as you want.
- If you get voicemail, leave a message as per the script.
- No stamp required
Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
House of Commons
- Send copies to: Ralph Goodale, Bill Blair, Pierre Paul-Hus (so he can keep count)
More Action Steps
- Join or renew with your favourite organization:
- Make sure you are subscribed to TheGunBlog.ca. (We also welcome donations.)
- Trudeau May Decide to Ban Handguns Next Month, Globe Reports
- Toronto Asks Feds for Canada-Wide Ban on Handguns, Semi-Autos
- Voices: Sport Shooters, Groups Respond to Possible Handgun Ban
- How to Buy a Handgun in Canada: Regulatory and Procedural Steps
© 2018 TheGunBlog.ca
The most important part of gun rights isn’t “gun,” it’s “rights.”