60 Seconds with LS Keli Carneiro, Naval Security Team, Naval Reservist with HMCS York
East Coast or West Coast? Both Coasts are the best coasts.
Hi, I’m Keli Carneiro, I’m a musician with HMCS York in Toronto and I’m currently one of the reservists training with the Naval Security Team (NST), and this is the 60 Second Challenge.
- Alright. If you won the lottery, what would you buy first?
A plane ticket for my entire family to come visit me from Brazil.
- What’s your role on NST?
Currently, we’re all training and we are trained to perform every role that’s required for Force protection.
- The best thing about being in the Navy?
How inclusive the Canadian Navy is.
- Do you ever get seasick?
Not yet, have never.
- The Navy motto is: Ready aye ready. What does that mean to you?
To be ready for anything that the Navy throws at you or life for that matter.
- Advice to someone thinking about joining the CAF:
Do it, it was the best decision of my life.
- Would you tell a female friend to join the Navy?
If you had to be… Oh, that’s it.